NCX1C Acoustic-Electric Classical Guitar With Solid Cedar Top
Yamaha's NCX1C nylon-string guitar brings traditional craftsmanship into the modern era, with a familiar feel and touchstone appointments with cutting edge design elements.
As a result of precise measurement and experimentation, several refinements were made that enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes were further refined to emphasize the natural characteristics of specific tonewoods and optimize each body silhouette.
Atmosfeel™ Pickup and Preamp System
The Yamaha Atmosfeel™ pickup system provides unparalleled amplified sound even at performance-level volumes. An undersaddle piezo pickup with individual string sensors captures only the mid and low-mid frequencies (eliminating the characteristic brittleness of piezo pickups), while a unique synthetic sheet transducer captures the highs, and an internal microphone captures overall body resonance and “airiness.”
The simple and intuitive Atmosfeel™ preamp controls let you blend the microphone sound into the premixed pickup sound.
These simplified controls mean that guitarists are able to dial in the desired settings quickly and without the need to actually look at the controls.
Premium Onboard Electronics
Your NTX1C is ready to plug in and play out. Its undersaddle pickup is powered by an advanced Yamaha preamp system, with onboard 3-band EQ to let you sculpt your sound from the stage. The NTX1 also features an onboard tuner, so you can leave your pedals at home.
- Modern nylon-string guitar with a timeless feel
- Single-cutaway body shape expands access to the upper frets
- Traditional neck profile and width, and standard classical guitar depth
- Flat radius walnut fingerboard
- Western red cedar soundboard has a dark and open tonality
- Optimized bracing system enhances low-end response and draws out the natural sonic characteristics of the tonewoods
- Natural gloss finish and circular rosette
- String Type: Nylon
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Classical
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back & Sides Wood: Select Hardwood
- Body Bracing: NX Bracing
- Binding: Black/White
- Neck Wood: Nato
- Neck Shape: Modern
- Radius: Flat
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Number of Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome with Matte Black Shafts
- Bridge Material: Ebony/Walnut
- Nut/Saddle Material: Urea/Urea
- Nut Width: 2.06"
- Electronics: Atmosfeel Pickup/Preamp
The Yamaha NCX1C is performance-ready featuring strap buttons and an onboard pickup system.